Monday, July 30, 2012

HAUTE HOUSE

Everytime I see Haute House Furniture at a furniture gift show, I always do a double take. At first glance I'm impressed by the impact some of the pieces make with their spectacular 77" high settees and they also offer some beautifully tufted pieces in their line. Yet, when I got closer to the furniture I began to notice the overuse of rich fabrics, tassel trims, and......(gulp) rhinestones. It's the overkill pieces like these that make me cringe and want to run the other way screaming. I guess the daughters of the Marge Carson lovers of the world need furniture too but people please! Anyway, I decided to give the line another chance, and I was surprised to find some really fun options that I would be happy to use in future projects, minus the rhinestones of course.