Wednesday, July 18, 2012

ROCK N' ROLL CHIC


Looking through my Pinterest style board the other night I realized the majority of my photos were either a rainbow of sleek lady like numbers or totally rocker chic as I like to call it. Now to define "rocker chic" you must have a few main pieces, but if you need one design house to define it for you it's Balmain. Otherwise it's all about a slim pant in leather or a fun print, simple tops, studded jackets or accessories, and a little bit of metallic glitter. I also find that sometimes these looks are combat or military inspired, but they don't have to be super rugged when you add a pair of lady like heels or a sexy cat eye. Although I buy a lot of J. Crew, I feel like I mix a lot of those pieces in to my rocker chic sensibility. Exhibit A...my velvet cobalt blue blazer and a simple artist V'neck Tee from J. Crew has been worn with ripped skinny jeans and gold glittery pumps from Zara. Add some seriously funky jewelry and nobody will ever be able to tell. Such a versatile look! Just take Blake Lively for example, so lady like and chic yet such a bad ass at heart with that sick gold blazer. Siigghhh...I love Rocker Chic!!

 Ripped skinnys and major pumps. 

Red velvet skinnys

Can't go wrong with all leather if it looks like this!

Great example of lady like sophistication meets rough and tough leather jacket

Anything studded! This Versace pencil skirt is a knockout!


Balmain
 Balmain
 and Balmain again...
 again...
and Balmain again!
And this ridiculously gorgeous maxi skirt is also from Balmain 

 Unknown, but the most elegant way I've ever seen a skull and crossbones done. 
Funky but not overdone tattoo's are always sexy rocker chic.

I can't even breathe when I look at this combat bustier!


 I need these leather skinnys!!!!

And of course a spiked clutch by Louboutin to finish the look.

~N