Monday, July 16, 2012

FAVORITE FALLINGWATER FEATURES

Someone recently told me that I was too young to have a bucket list, but I disagree. I am a list maker, I write everything down and I find that I subconsciously accomplish everything on all of my wish lists. Needless to say, Fallingwater has been on my bucket list for quite some time and I was lucky enough to see it in person. The famous house designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright was well worth the 5 hour drive. We've already posted about this impressive house, since Nicole was lucky enough to visit it last year. So, I will be focusing on my Fallingwater favorite features.

-S


I am obsessed with these steps that lead you directly down to the stream. 
I so badly wanted to sit on that ledge and let my feet touch the water


When you get inside you realize the steps to the stream are from the living room. Who wouldn't appreciate something so amazing like this?



On the first floor you are greeted by an open living room and its huge terrace.


Can you imagine living in this house during the winter?
I loved this cozy fireplace, what a great place to gather around. 



You can't really tell from this picture but there is a cutout in the desk of a door swing, so you can open the long window for some fresh air.


All of these mini corner windows are functional, I'm fascinated that the entire house is made up of steel and sandstone.


This walkway to the guest house had this wrap around roof, the crazy part is that is was made of poured concrete. Everything was done by hand, they didn't even have concrete mixers back then.


It costs 5 million dollars a year to upkeep this house, and they use the proceeds they make from these house tours to pay for it. Fallingwater did not disappoint, very worthy of a bucket list cross off if you ask me.