Thursday, April 19, 2012

TWEEN MANHATTAN BEDROOM PROJECT

The other day I went with my boss, designer Valerie Grant, to a client meeting to present a new modern design for their brand new Manhattan apartment. The clients wanted a modern rustic vibe with hints of persimmon, taupe, and metallic for most of the pad but a glam bedroom for a blossoming young lady. Of course I was all over the glam look trying to help find the right girly pink and purple fabrics to create the right look. All in all, when the design was finished it was our favorite room in the place, but the clients thought it might have been a little too mature for their 7 year old. I don't have kids so my opinion really doesn't count, but what do you guys think???

The following two photos are the inspiration.

And here is the design...Super glam but elegant at the same time! Metallic lavender patterned wallpaper, plush velvets, hollywood glam mirrored nightstands and funky purple lamps. Just the right amount of fun to grow into.

How about the snakeskin wallpaper on that armoire! I'm in love with it.

This was a gorgeous Kelly Wearstler fabric for Groundworks for one of the decorative pillows. 

And this Osbourne & Little wallpaper! Die.

Hey if she doesn't want to live in this bedroom I will :D