Tuesday, June 7, 2011

HOSPITALITY DESIGN: PARKER HOTEL DESIGNED BY JONATHAN ADLER

 While I was in the city yesterday (that's NYC for you western folks), I passed Jonathan Adler's boutique in Soho and said to myself, "I must get that gold banana bud vase I have been lusting over!" I have to say it is so adorable and cheeky! It is really the little things, the details, that make me happy. And what I love about his designs is that they are so playful, and he doesn't take himself or his craft too seriously! This is the guy who jokes that he is your 24 hour "pot" dealer!!!!!

So in honor of Mr. Adler's genius, I am posting about his design of the Parker Hotel in Palm Springs which I must say is the epitome of his motto, "hip-happy-home."

The Front Desk
Mr. Parker's Restaurant

The Lobby/Front Desk

The Lobby 

The Pool

The Bar 

Lobby 

Bocce Ball

Cricket anyone?

The Spa