Thursday, March 21, 2013

PAPER LANTERNS: IN OR OUT?

As we all know, wedding season is around the corner and the designer in me would like to know the popular opinion about paper lanterns. Seriously, what's not to like? They make a huge statement, they're another way to bring in some color, provide a source of light and certainly won't break the bank. But is the look overdone? I'm not sure you can beat the look for the price. 


I would have loved to see how this looked at night. 

Love this mixed with the wisteria, but why are people still sashing the chairs?!?! Super cheesy!





OTHER CREATIVE IDEAS THAT WON'T BREAK THE BANK 

Giant Fringe Streamers by Oh Happy Day Blog. Genius. 

This idea seriously made my jaw drop, like I stopped breathing. 
Utterly freaking amazing, and I will do this for my wedding even if I have to pay a man to marry me. 

It's just rolled up construction paper stuck into chicken wire as the background to the bride and groom's table. Boom!

No words!