Monday, May 14, 2012

Philip Gorrivan


I first discovered Philip Gorrivan through his spectacular fabric line for Highland Court a couple of years ago. I literally had to catch my breathe when I saw his luxurious flocked Moroccan inspired patterns and knew immediately that this was a designer I needed to research. His designs have all the right balance of sophistication, luxury, and whimsy and even more interesting is the story of how his passion for interior design began. 

To Gorrivan, design was only a mere hobby, until 9/11 occured. Gorrivan and his wife were scheduled to have a meeting at the World Trade Center that awful day, and it changed his life forever. From then forward, Gorrivan decided that money wasn't everything and started to pursue his passion for interiors. The rest is history!  
Some of his flocked patterned fabrics for HIghland Court. 

He uses the Pantone Color of the year, Tangerine, quite often in his designs. And it looks spectacular, don't you think? 











 Where can I find this snakeskin console!?






 The studded purple table, mixed with those candelabras! The man knows how to use color.




 These cut out screens/room dividers are genius!