Monday, January 23, 2012

ANTIQUING IN ASBURY PARK

The more I experience and learn about the design business the more I feel like I know what to look for when rummaging through local antique stores. It's usually at these kind of stores that I find the most unique pieces for my home at great prices. 

Steph and I were recently in Asbury Park and Red Bank, NJ, this weekend looking through some really amazing stuff. Check out what we found...




Some really amazing inlay boxes...


A black and white bone bar accessory set...


A bunch of these crazy crystalline rocks...


 Some crazy brass wall art 


a pair of mid century modern lucite candle sticks...


A gorgeous mirror...


This to die for mother-of-pearl set of mini forks and knives. Assumed to be for seafood... 


Two very rare and exotic framed butterflies....


 And a giant cast resin crocodile head with gold teeth!!! So COOL!!

There was so many more gorgeous things that we saw but I couldn't document it all. Have you ever scored any rare finds from your local antique store?