Friday, September 26, 2014

OCTOBER DECOR MOOD BOARD

With the transition to the Fall season, we shift our attention back to our interiors. It's time to freshen up, break out a new cozy throw, perhaps try a new color paint and switch things up a bit. 


I already broke out my 4x6 sheepskin rug and I won't lie, I roll around on it on a daily basis. It's just so cozy! I highly recommend one, even if it's just a single pelt at the foot of your bed. You can't have a bad day when you sink your toes in to that furry softness first thing in the morning. 

On another note, I'm also looking forward to a few final touches I'll be making to my apartment before we photograph. The Katie Round Glass pendant from Visual Comfort will be a sleek addition to my dining table. And right on the wall behind my settee, a landscape painting I'm commissioning through my talented coworker, Sam. Inspired by the very talented artist, Robert Roth.

On the wish list this season are these stunning acrylic bowls by Alexa Von Furstenberg. There's just something about a hint of acrylic in the mix that just makes a setting unforgettable. And if I had the money and the time to install I would totally grab this Stikwood wallcovering from Anthropologie. A great look for an accent wall or a powder room. 

For Color direction this season I'm really attracted to warm deep hues. Such as rich olive to emerald green, camel to Veuve golden orange and eggplant purple. I especially see these colors looking better worked in pairs and used in rich fabrics like mohair and velvet. 

How are you prepping your interiors for the Fall season?