Wednesday, December 12, 2012

JEFFREY ALAN MARKS

Million Dollar Decorator, Jeffrey Alan Marks, literally had me gasping at the television this morning. He and his partner Ross did such a stunning job at his clients (third home) in La Jolla. I don't mean to ignore his hysterical and equally talented cast mates, but I have to say this episode he takes the cake with this project. You can bet I'll be storing all these images in my Pinterest files for further inspiration.

The color story was a soothing palette of neutral grays, lilacs and pinks with an emphasis on a pairing of elegance and beach living.

I absolutely love the color inside the built ins. A subtle and much needed pop. 


The over-dye in the entry!!

The Oly fixture adds a bit of whimsy and the round settee separates the two living spaces. And the floor lanterns kill me everytime. I need about a hundred of those...

Why didn't they show the office on the show!!!! 
P.S. Purple and green is my new favorite color combo! (Did you see Mary MacDonald's boutique for that whiney skinny bitch? Also amazing! And also lilac and green.)

I'm sorry, but do you see that grape velvet sofa and the silvery grasscloth!!


Every detail of this dining room makes me squeal! The upholstered hexagon ceiling with the custom Charles Edwards light fixture! Which was $15,000 by the way. Not to mention the mismatched chairs, especially the blue velvet Mr. Brown ones.



If you know JAM's work, you can see the repetition in the dome lamps on the basement bar here, which were also done at his Hungry Cat project.

Come on, who doesn't want a shuffle board in their house? 

Seriously, this one deserves a slow clap with a standing ovation.